Fundraising can include:
- requesting donations
- requesting sponsorship
- running lotteries and competitions
- supplying food or other goods and services, including to a school fete.
If NSW Fair Trading authorises your organisation/event for fundraising, you will be required to:
- provide adequate information to the public about the purpose of the fundraising venture
- ensure children who collect money are supervised
- bank all money raised through fundraising
- keep records and auditing accounts.
This is not a complete list of conditions and they may vary depending upon your event.