Public events continue to be affected by COVID-19. Please stay informed of current NSW Public Health Orders and COVID Safety Plan requirements at nsw.gov.au/covid-19.
With the easing of restrictions under the Reopening NSW Roadmap event organisers should take care not to assume availability of dates or government resources for events. Regular planning processes, agency consultations and approvals from landholders and authorities are still required. This includes landholder endorsement of event and COVID safety plans.
If your event will raise money for charitable purposes, you will need to apply for an authority to fundraise through NSW Fair Trading.
Fundraising can include:
- requesting donations
- requesting sponsorship
- running lotteries and competitions
- supplying food or other goods and services, including to a school fete.
If NSW Fair Trading authorises your organisation/event for fundraising, you will be required to:
- provide adequate information to the public about the purpose of the fundraising venture
- ensure children who collect money are supervised
- bank all money raised through fundraising
- keep records and auditing accounts.
This is not a complete list of conditions and they may vary depending upon your event.