The Regional Infrastructure Coordinator (RIC) provides independent advice to the Premier and Deputy Premier on matters relating to the priority, coordination and delivery of infrastructure projects into regional NSW.
The RIC seeks to support the Government’s commitment to ensure that communities in regional NSW enjoy the same benefits and outcomes as their metropolitan counterparts.
- In conjunction with the Regional NSW Group, maintain a strong and engaged network of regional stakeholders to achieve an accurate and up-to-date knowledge of issues impacting regional infrastructure requirements.
- Coordination of Government effort in the delivery of regional infrastructure to ensure better planning and approval timelines, improved project management concurrency, and to ensure that the concerns of regional communities are properly incorporated into Government infrastructure priorities and responses.
- Monitor the delivery of key regional and local infrastructure projects and remove obstacles to project delivery through involvement in relevant Infrastructure NSW, Department policy implementation unit, Regional Growth Fund and local infrastructure committees.
- In conjunction with NSW Trade & Investment and Jobs for NSW, provide a one-stop concierge service for potential significant private sector investment in regional projects.
- Report to the Cabinet Infrastructure Committee.
- Identify and report on issues of Government “red tape” which are adversely impacting infrastructure funding and delivery.
The Office of the Regional Infrastructure Coordinator supports the RIC’s leadership role from within the Department of Premier and Cabinet and the broader public sector. The office provides the RIC with executive advice, administration support stakeholder management and interaction, research and project management support.
Regional Infrastructure Coordinator
Former Australian Army Chief Lieutenant General Ken Gillespie AC DSC CSM was appointed the NSW Government’s first Regional Infrastructure Coordinator in March 2017.