NSW Caretaker Period has commenced
The caretaker period for the NSW Election commenced on 1 March 2019. Accordingly, no ministerial press releases or related information issued by the Government from 1 March 2019 will be available on this website. For copies of recently-issued ministerial press releases or information on the election policies of any political party, please go to the website of the relevant political party.
Behavioural Insights in NSW 2016
The Behavioural Insights Unit’s latest report, Behavioural Insights in NSW 2016, is now available.
Behavioural Insights in NSW 2016 (PDF, 4 MB) showcases our major projects over the past two years and sets out some of the lessons we have learned along the way.
Some accomplishments include:
- showing that an effective reminder text message can help social housing tenants pay off their rental debt, with 9.4 per cent more tenants exiting arrears compared to those that were not sent a text message (from 68.8 per cent to 75.3 per cent) (pages 14-17)
- developing and rolling out a plain English Apprehended Domestic Violence Order (page 22)
- changing a reminder letter, which could lead to an additional 7,500 women attending their cervical cancer screenings each year (pages 7-8)
- trialling new text messages to get people to attend their hospital appointments, projected to save just one hospital at least $66,000 per year (pages 9-11)
- providing advice on incorporating behavioural principles into a wide range of policy areas (page 5).
The Report contains details on these and more!