NSW Government Community Service Award nomination guidelines
The NSW Government Community Service Award recognises individuals throughout NSW who have substantially contributed to the improvement of the quality of life of members of their community, beyond that expected in their usual occupation.
Nominations for the NSW Government Community Service Award must be for community work performed principally within the electorate of the nominating NSW State Member of Parliament.
The recipient will receive an engraved Award as well as an official certificate bearing the NSW State Coat of Arms and the Premier’s signature.
Members of Parliament are entitled to present two NSW Government Community Service Awards per calendar year.
Criteria and eligibility
Nominations for the NSW Government Community Service Award must satisfy the following criteria:
- Nominations can only be submitted by a NSW State Member of Parliament.
- The Award cannot be presented to a local Government Councillor, State or Federal politician.
- The Award cannot be presented to an employee whilst employed by a Member of Parliament
- A person cannot receive the Award more than once.
- The Award must be for community work performed principally within the electorate of the nominating NSW State Member of Parliament.
- The nominee should be held in high regard in the community with strong ethical and community values. Only community work of a high calibre will be considered for the Award.
- A nomination cannot be accepted if it is in any way aligned with a politically sensitive matter or dispute.
The nomination form must include a short summary, detailing the reasons for nomination. The NSW State Member of Parliament is to make sure that the nominee’s details are correct and the nominee is eligible for the award in according to the above criteria.
Any supporting documentation should be attached to the nomination form. It is recommended to provide copies rather than originals, as supporting documentation will not be returned and will remain the property of the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet.
Endorsed nominations must be submitted on a current nomination form to:
NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet
Premier’s Protocol Unit
Email: [email protected]
Post: GPO Box 5341, Sydney NSW 2001
Where possible, completed nominations will be processed within six weeks of the Department receiving the nomination form.
The Department will then send the Award to the local NSW State Member of Parliament for counter-signing and distribution to the recipient.