NSW Indigenous Cadetship Program
The Indigenous Cadetship Program provides Indigenous students with the opportunity to combine full time university study with part time employment in a NSW Government agency.
- a study allowance of $600 per fortnight paid by the agency
- up to $500 per semester for books and resources
- a salary for 12 weeks full time work per year
- the possibility of a permanent job at the end.
As Australia's largest employer, the NSW public sector has jobs across NSW.
Interested in applying?
Look for job vacancies in NSW at www.jobs.nsw.gov.au (go to Working for NSW / Indigenous).
Hear from other successful cadets
- Maxine Edwards - now a Policy Officer with the Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water
- Paul Gray – now studying at Oxford University and is a psychologist with Community Services in the Department of Human Services
Information for agencies
The Indigenous Cadetship Program provides opportunities for public sector agencies to meet service delivery and workforce planning needs. There is no cap on the number of places available. Key program features and requirements are summarised in the program overview.
Contact IndigenousPrograms@dpc.nsw.gov.au for more detailed information about offering cadetships in your agency.
Logon to the Indigenous Cadetship Program extranet.