The NSW Government has established a Nominations Panel to identify and present a shortlist of candidates suitable for appointment to the offices of:
- Chief Commissioner for the ICAC (a full-time position);
- Commissioner for the ICAC (two part-time positions); and
- Inspector of the ICAC (a part-time position).
The Nominations Panel is to conduct an extensive, merit-based search to secure four world class individuals for the ICAC and its oversight body.
The Nominations Panel has been established following changes to the ICAC to implement the unanimous recommendations of the Parliamentary Committee on the ICAC in its report tabled in the Parliament on 27 October 2016. The Committee delivered its recommendations following its inquiry into the Inspector of the ICAC’s reports dated December 2015 and May 2016. The Committee also considered the work of the Independent Panel (the Honourable Murray Gleeson AC QC and Mr Bruce McClintock SC) from 2015. The reforms include reconstituting the ICAC with three Commissioners, at least two of whom will be required to approve the use of the ICAC’s extraordinary power to conduct public inquiries. View the Premier’s press release here.
The Nominations Panel members are former Federal Court Judge the Honourable Roger Gyles AO QC (Chair), the Secretary of the Department of Premier and Cabinet, Mr Blair Comley PSM and experienced non-executive director and committee member, Ms Rebecca Davies.
- Joint Committee's Report - Review of the Independent Commission Against Corruption: Consideration of the Inspector's Reports - Report 2/56 - October 2016
- Independent Commission Against Corruption Amendment Act 2016
- Office of the Inspector of the Independent Commission Against Corruption's website
- Independent Panel's Report - Review of the Jurisdiction of the Independent Commission Against Corruption - 30 July 2015
Enquiries may be directed to the Panel by email addressed to email@example.com.